How to license a patented product using Global Patent Exchange
Patent license agreement checklist
- Full patent in at least one country. This will be used for a PCT patent in other countries.
- Sales in the patent country. Sales history will help with licensing negotiations.
- Documented product build process. The product must be ready to scale.
- Have the ability to export your patented product. Product export can be used initially in a new country.
Global Market Research
- Work out which international markets suit your patent product. There are 154 patent countries.
- Consider the market size relative to the costs of setting up a PCT patent and license agreement there
- Prepare a Product Description of the Patent Product for the target market
- Use the Customer Segment Research Tool below to define your ideal customer avatar.
List Your Patent
- Download the 3 Checklists for Inventors, Entrepreneurs and Patent Attorneys.
- List your Patent with Global Patent Exchange.
- Indicate your target market - One country / European Union / Whole World (154 patent countries)
- Include your Patent Product Description
- Global Patent Exchange will prepare your Patent Listing online
Global Patent Exchange Activity
- Global Patent Exchange help match your patent with suitable international organisations
- Entrepreneurs and Companies want to expand their product range for business growth
- Patent Product License Agreements allow new patent products to go into new countries
Terms and Conditions
- Exclusive license into select countries can be arranged using your patent attorney
- Product supply agreements can be arranged for initial product supply for a fixed fee per item
- Manufacturing agreements can be arranged in foreign countries when demand is known
- Companies pay royalties at the agreed royalty rate per item sold
- Inventors can earn royalty income from each country with a licencing agreement
Inventor Intellectual Property Advantage
- New country patent licensing is scalable
- Collects royalties from multiple countries
- Royalties are paid and inventors get multiple streams of income ongoing
- Manufacturing can be grown locally or internationally as agreed
- Inventor Global Impact and Expansion is achieved without the high capital overhead